Media & Technology
Beavis Morgan's Media & Technology team specialises in providing expert accounting, tax and business advice to media and technology businesses, from start-ups to more established companies.
We understand the challenges faced by businesses within this sector. With a particular focus on owner-managed and entrepreneurial businesses, we have the knowledge and expertise to provide practical and tailored solutions to each situation.
Our Media & Technology specialists offer a wide range of services, suited to your business life stage and sector:
Starting up a new business can be a daunting task. Our advice will always be mindful of the needs and objectives of the owners, managers and other stakeholders in the business. We will:
- Advise on the tax reliefs available for start up businesses, such as the Enterprise Incentive Scheme
- Make introductions to our banking and solicitor contacts
- Work with you in developing a business plan and formalising business strategies
- Help to implement management information systems
- Advise on the optimum legal structure for your business
- Set performance targets and monitor performance
- Handle any necessary back office functions including accountancy, payroll and business advice
If a company is to develop and succeed, a robust growth plan is essential. Our team can help you:
- Identify research and development costs and advise on how to submit claims for tax credits to maximise the cash flow in your business
- Identify the tax-breaks available to your business
- Advise on share incentive plans to help motivate and retain key staff
- Assist with expansion abroad, by devising optimum structure and making introductions to our overseas contacts
In time you may decide to exit from the business or take the business in a new direction. In order to maximise your personal wealth and reap the rewards from all your hard work, you need advice from a specialist who truly understands your sector. At Beavis Morgan, our Media & Technology experts will:
- Prepare the business for sale or flotation
- Value the business and its intellectual property
- Provide sales negotiation and completion
- Raising funds for buy-outs or buy-ins
- Act as reporting accountants on IPO's
- Minimise exposure to capital taxes, by ensuring the availability of Entrepreneurs' Relief
Through the wider Beavis Morgan group, we are also able to assist with the following, helping to increase your wealth and maximise your profitability:
- Accountancy and Business Services - preparing accounts and providing added value by way of critical management information
- Audit - minimising inconvenience to your business and providing you with the best value for money
- Business Advice - using our analytical abilities to solve problems and provide solutions
- Restructuring - through our turnaround specialists at BM Advisory, a Beavis Morgan firm
- Tax advice - covering all aspects from annual compliance and reporting to bespoke tax planning and structuring, both domestically and internationally
Please contact Steve Govey to find out more about how we can assist you and your business.
A high tech design and packaging company wanted to ensure Entrepreneurs Relief would be available to its non-exec Chairman. By devising a special class of shares we were able to ensure the restrictions relating to sub 5% shareholdings could be overcome.
An on-line games developer was disappointed by the amount of repayment received on a Research and Development tax claim submitted by its previous advisor. Using our greater experience in this area we were able to reopen the claim and received a further payment of nearly £60,000 for a company with a turnover of less than £1million.
A small communications agency was facing the loss of its largest client through lack of representation in key offshore territories. By using our overseas contacts we were able to help with opening offices in Singapore and Dubai, ensuring both local support and robust procedures relating to transfer pricing, overseas funding and repatriation of profits.
A media agency was struggling to motivate key staff through bonuses because of a dip in profitability. We devised a tax efficient EMI share scheme (Employee Management Incentive) which instead rewarded staff through share awards at considerably less cost, and also encouraged staff retention.