Schools act on demand from China
06 Feb 2018
UK schools and universities are looking to advantage of the growing appetite for British education in China, with a number of them announcing plans to set up sites in the country.
As outlined in a report in the Times* by Nicola Woolcock, Reigate Grammar School, Wycombe Abbey and Liverpool University each announced developments during the Prime Minister’s visit to China last week. Reigate is to open five schools in China, Wycombe Abbey is developing a £90 million campus that will open in 2020, while Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University has revealed details of a new campus, with an existing site open since 2006.
The news comes as no surprise to us. In recent years, we have seen significant growth in interest from Chinese businesses looking to invest in the United Kingdom, so it only makes sense that British education in China should be growing in popularity, as ties between the two countries strengthen.
At Beavis Morgan we have years of experience in helping overseas businesses establish in the UK, either as a gateway to Europe, or a natural extension to an existing European group.
Our specialists at Beavis Morgan are able to identify business opportunities for Chinese investors looking to enter the UK market. We are also able to provide a comprehensive range of professional services to help you make the most of your investment in the UK.
Our services to Chinese investors setting up in the UK include:
– Identifying and reviewing opportunities for investment in the UK, including acquisition targets
– Removing the barriers – and the fear of the unknown
– Developing the plan – advising on the steps to take, including deal structuring, due diligence and negotiation support, as well as business structuring and strategy
– Explaining the rules – how the tax and legal systems work, and advising on efficient tax planning for both your business and individuals (expatriate taxation)
– Assisting and guiding businesses through the process of listing on the London Stock Exchange and in achieving your plans for growth following an IPO
– Assembling your team – with introductions to our solicitor, bank and other contacts
– On-going business support and optimisation
With the UK fast becoming a key destination of choice for Chinese businesses, now is the time to contact a member of our team for further information about how we can help you secure the right investment opportunity in the UK.
* The Times 3 Feb 2018 Schools make great leap forward as demand from China surges