Acquisitions often provide a business with an opportunity to accelerate growth, vertically integrate its business activities or diversify into similar and/or counter cyclical businesses.
Acquisitions are often the most challenging project that a business can take on. Many acquisitions fail to meet expectations because of a poor strategic fit, an absence of an integration plan, a failure to fully understand the business being acquired, over gearing the enlarged business and/or overpaying for perceived benefits that do not materialise.
Beavis Morgan can assist you to decide if growth by acquisition is the best solution for your business, provide advice on a suitable method and amount of finance and assess the risks associated with the acquisition.
Our services include:
- Designing an acquisition strategy
- Identifying suitable targets
- Assessing potential targets and valuations thereof
- Assisting in preparing financial projections for the business incorporating the proposed target
- Assessing the potential returns to shareholders, with and without the proposed acquisition
- Assisting in sourcing potential funding sources
- Advising on the alternative deal structures, including the taxation implications for the business and its owners
- Project managing the acquisition process
- Commencing the initial approach to potential targets
- Negotiating the acquisition terms and conditions
- Financial due diligence
- Assisting in the preparation of the post acquisition integration and implementation plan
Please contact Paul Ashton or another member of our team to arrange an initial no fee no obligation meeting